Customer Tech Support
Customer Tech Support
Learning that you have hypertension or high blood pressure can come as a shock as this condition comes without a warning and that’s the reason it is called the ‘silent killer’.
What is high blood pressure?
Blood pressure is a force of blood pushing through your veins and arteries. It is measured using two numbers - systolic and diastolic. Systolic blood pressure measures the pressure when your heart beats, while diastolic blood pressure measures pressure between beats.
Causes of high blood pressure
There are certain factors that increase the likelihood of developing high blood pressure such as –
Foods to control high blood pressure –
1) Bananas - This easy to eat fruit is not just sweet and low in sodium but is rich in potassium too that helps to control high blood pressure. You can add bananas to your cereal, cake, bread, smoothies and milkshake or simply eat them whole to derive maximum benefits.
2) Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is low in calories, high in fibre and packed with nutrients such as potassium, folate and magnesium. All these are key ingredients to lower blood pressure levels in the body. Simply add fresh green spinach leaves to salads or sandwiches to get wholesome benefits.
3) Celery – Celery is one food Item that has been used by medical practitioners from centuries to reduce high blood pressure. It contains phytochemicals that relax the muscle tissue in the artery walls, enabling increased blood flow and in turn lowering blood pressure.
4) Watermelon - This juicy and beautiful fruit contains an amino acid called L-citrulline which is known to effectively lower blood pressure. Add this delectable food enriched with fiber, vitamin A, potassium and lycopene in your diet and watch it’s blood pressure lowering effect.
5) Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a wholesome food item, rich in fiber that helps to maintain healthy blood pressure by reducing both systolic and diastolic pressures. Prepare it as a hot cereal or top it with fruit to reap maximum benefits.
6) Avocados - Avocados are rich in oleic acid that can help to reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. They contain potassium and folate that are extremely essential for heart health.
7) Sunflower seeds - Do you know that just a handful of sunflower seeds can help to lower your blood pressure and promote your heart health. Buy the unsalted variety and enjoy the goodness of sunflower seeds enriched in vitamin E, folic acid, fiber and protein.
8) Oranges - Oranges are super rich in vitamins but along with this they can also lower blood pressure. Drink a glass of orange juice or eat the fruit whole to load herself with fiber and vitamin C.
9) Carrots – Carrots are rich in potassium and beta carotene that are known to reduce blood pressure considerably. They help to regulate heart and kidney functions and thus maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
High blood pressure can be reduced by eating a healthy diet and following a regular exercise regime. While certain foods can help lower blood pressure, they cannot replace prescription medicines. Do consult your doctor or dietitian to determine the perfect diet plan for you.
Leave a comment