Customer Tech Support
Customer Tech Support
Dengue is the deadliest disease, and its spread in today's time is essential to protecting human civilization. Since there are no vaccines invented to cure it, precaution is the best thing a person can do to avoid getting into a fatal situation. Getting infected by dengue is complex, as its breeding takes place swiftly. Also, its symptoms are often misinterpreted as the flu, which gives rise to further complications.
As they say, precaution is better than cure; this goes well with dengue. The best way to take preventive measures starts with the place where one resides. Hence, within this article, we will be venturing into the measures that one can take to avoid dengue from home by knowing what causes dengue and how to prevent it.* Understanding Dengue:
Before knowing the complexity of curing dengue, it's vital to know what dengue is. Dengue is a viral disease that is transmitted to humans through the bites of infected mosquitoes. It is spread by Aedes mosquitoes, which are also called “tiger mosquitoes" because they have black and white-striped legs. The common symptoms that people develop are:
Many risk factors contribute to the explosive spread of dengue. Below, we have mentioned a few such factors:
The crux of this article is to know the 12 best preventive measures to implement at home to avoid dengue. This is because the way a person lives affects their health too, and that's why it's crucial to enhance it to create a better living environment. Here are a few such measures to follow to redefine smart and safe living:
1. Eliminate breeding habitat:A person can avoid creating favorable places for breeding mosquitoes. This can be done by preventing stagnant water from accumulating outside or around the home.
2. Cleaning water purifiers and containers: Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water. So, it is better to clean water pots, plant containers, or even water purifiers, which are much more likely to be bred with mosquitoes.
3. Cleaning drains: If you are the one whose house has a drainage system around, it's better to clean them regularly. This is to prevent water accumulation and foul smells, which are unhealthy for a human’s health.
4. Using mosquito nets: The best way to stay away from mosquito bites is to invest in a good mosquito net, which can help one have a serene sleep while avoiding bites.
5. Use screens: Another optimum way to prevent dengue mosquitoes is to mitigate them letting in. This can be done by putting screens on windows and doors.
6. Indoor spraying: Consider spraying insecticides and pesticides that don't affect health if inhaled. This way, one can avoid breeding them.
7. Keep clean and tidy: The dirtier the place, the greater the chances of mosquitoes growing. That's why it's better to tidy the house by dusting regularly so that it alleviates unhygienic or sanitation issues.
8. Apply mosquito repellents: Whenever indoors or outdoors, it is advisable to apply a coat of mosquito repellent to the skin.
9. Maintain the disposal method: The way one disposes of trash can increase the risk of dengue. Therefore, having proper waste management can help avoid breeding. Furthermore, it is judicious to segregate the way and cover the bin when not in use.
10. Stay prepared: Ensure that one is well equipped with all the necessary medical equipment needed at times of need. Have a first aid kit, medicines, and devices that can help in curing the symptoms of dengue at an early age.
11. Stay at home during peak time: The breeding of mosquitoes is at its peak during the evening and early morning. Wear full-sleeved clothes to avoid the bites. Also, be aware during peak seasons like monsoons or humid climates, when dengue infects the most.
12. Clean your surroundings: To save oneself from dengue, cleaning outdoors is as important as indoors. Keep your surroundings clean, as well as your roof and terraces, where the accumulation of water can take place.
* Summing up:
In this article, we have mentioned a few effective preventive measures that can ensure safe and smart living to avoid dengue. The reason to equip oneself with a thick layer of shield is because of the lack of vaccination for dengue. That's why vector control measures have been taken to mitigate the disease. However, that doesn't stop the multiplication of diseases, because of which millions are affected every year. It is judicious of one to implement all the measures sensibly for a better and healthier future.